9/09/2008

Oh What a Night

The Cabarrus County Fair! We've gone almost every year since we moved here back in 1986. It was a bit different for us this year, though. We had a kid with us!

Michael Dean seemed to really enjoy all the food, noises, lights, rides and especially the animals. He was "moo-ing" from the minute we stepped into the building with all the animals. He even got to touch a real, live cow! No milking, though.

Moo!

First Cow Lick

MD, the chick magnet

It was way more fun to eat the corn than play in it...

...and eat the ride tickets, too!

First big-boy ride

Buddies, MD and Blake

MD was too small for this so we stayed on the ground while Tina & Blake went flying

No crying, but not too fond of sitting on the horsy just yet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! Forget the "baby" rides, go right for the "big boy" stuff....Luv ya, NaNa

Anonymous said...

You go Stink......gotta love those "tasty" ride tickets, not to mention the fresh, uncooked hard corn......YUMMERS!!! I can't wait for you to get a little bigger so you really can go on the "big boy" rides. Love you, PopPop

Merissa said...

Love your fair pics. I will say, it makes me miss it and it makes me miss not being with you!

Courtney said...

Ris, I missed (and miss) you too! In fact, when I saw the Octopus (they call it the Spider now) I was taken back to that dreadful trip to the fair when we rode that ride and I got so sick after it - remember our heads kept hitting the bar! Good times. Luv ya...

sldrye said...

I love the fair, that is one of many things that we really miss since we have moved. I wanted to drive back to NC just so we could go but that is a lot of money/gas and time on the road so we didn't do it but that is how much I love the fair. :) It looks like you guys had a blast.