3/17/2009

Grandma Betty

Or as Michael Dean calls her, "Betty!" She just celebrated her 88th birthday back in November. She's got so many life stories to tell - from being an airline stewardess back when there were no "flight attendants" (and they had to wear 3in. heels) to retiring, with my Grandpa Duck, through Fords (Motor Company) up in Detroit, Michigan. She's just a sweet, matter-of-fact older woman - who's wearing out.

She'd been living on her own for-ever until a few weeks ago when she took a spill and ended up in the hospital for a few days and is now in an assisted living, rehab facility in Harrisburg. My mom's really taken on full-time care of her while she's in there and is now faced with finding a new permanent home for her. Basically, a nursing home. Yah, we all cringe when we say those words.

Anyway, please keep my Grandma Betty (and my mom) in your prayers. They've both got a long road ahead of them and are both wore out. Thanks :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Grandma Betty is truly a grand old lady who has lived a long, wonderful, multi-faceted life filled with many wonderful memories. And your mother is tracking nicely in her shadows as she beautifully and gracefully ages. They are BOTH very special and near and dear to me, and I will ALWAYS keep them in my daily thoughts and prayers. I love you ALL.....Fred/Pop-Pop

Merissa said...

I didn't know she had been sick. I'm sorry to hear that. I will pray for her and your mom! I have a few good Grandma Betty stories of my own! :)

Anonymous said...

I love you Courtney for sharing this precious picture with your "blog" family. I'm sitting here trying to say something and all I can do is cry so I will just say THANK YOU......Mom

Melanie said...

I know this is a very tough road, especially since my mom just recently travelled it with her mother. I'll be thinking of you all!