9/08/2009

What a Weekend

This past weekend was my birthday weekend, so I did a lot and had a lot of fun! I'll spare you most of the details though, for time's sake :)

Basically, the highlights were Saturday night at P.F. Chang's and a movie ("All About Steve" - cute, but kinda dumb. Hey, I can't resist a Sandra Bullock movie.) with the hubster. No pictures. I forgot. I was too wrapped up in my Lettuce Wraps. Yummy. Oh, and no pun intended.

Sunday was my good friend, Tina's son's birthday party at the Kannapolis Splash Pad. MD got way more into it this time, so it really was a lot of fun. Again, no pics. I was too wet.

Then, yesterday was pedis with my great friend, Megan. One of Donnie's BD gifts to me was a pedicure, and that thing was burning a hole in my pocket so I had to use it - especially since I haven't had one in like 3 years. Nah, I've had at least 1!

So, later that afternoon was a Labor Day/birthday pool party, hosted by my sister - who ended up getting proposed to there by her longtime boyfriend! It was a surprise to most of us. Somehow Donnie was in on the secret - and kept it from me. It was real sweet, Joey (my sister's now-fiance) got down on one knee and said some really great things. My sister, of course, said YES. So, now MD has an Uncle Joey. Man, I loved Full House growing up...

Well, what's a post without pictures - even though they have nothing to do with what I've written about!

This made me realize it'd be real easy to make a priest or monk costume for a kid! Doesn't matter, though, because he'll definitely be Mickey this year for Halloween.

Decorating mommy's birthday cake.

I just looooove homemade gifts from my boys!

This was a first.

5 comments:

sldrye said...

glad you had such a wonderful birthday weekend :):)

Anonymous said...

Nut'n to say but I love ya.....Mom/Nana

Merissa said...

I was wondering how the weekend turned out! I'm glad it was good! It's making me want my bday to come soon! I need a date with my man- good food and movie sounds perfect. I had heard the movie wasn't as good as I thought but I do love me some Sandra Bullock too! Maybe I'll rent it.

Merissa said...

And please tell Jonda congrats from me!!

Courtney said...

I will! And, sorry for not giving the Jonda news in person. You know how much I hate that phone... :)