4/23/2008

First Shared Meal!

A couple weeks ago (I know, I'm behind) MD and I were finally able to share a meal. Kinda. I've been trying to get him to eat table foods and he's just not having it. Anything that is not a Stage 2 baby food, he immediately spits out or tries to pull off his tongue. I mean, anything from creamy mashed potatoes to banana to mushed up carrots to mac & cheese. It's just not his thing yet.

Well, I was able to get him to eat some watery mac & cheese! (Only a few bites, so mommy had to eat some too) And then he feasted on a Zweiback toast biscuit. He also held his bottle for the first time in his highchair. A very big boy meal. Too bad he didn't keep the table food streak going. Oh well, we'll get there!

Oh, and he's also popped a little tooth out! It's teensy-tiny and is on the bottom. So far he doesn't seem too upset about it, but we'll see.

Mommy & MD's Mac & Cheese Meal

Mmmm...Toast...

3 comments:

Merissa said...

Don't you just love the mess that toast makes! mmm, soggy mushy

Courtney said...

Yah. It's great! Hey, it is better than the biter biscuits. Those just get mushy. No crumbs :)

~Kayce said...

Hey Courtney! MD is beautiful! I am so glad to see him growing and smiling. I have a crazy question...what kind of camera do you have. Fabulous photos!