4/01/2008

Watching the Clock

Well, I've not been a clockwatcher at work for some time now (I guess since I worked at Norman. No offense, Norman. It wasn't you. It was me.) However, I'm finding myself glancing at my phone clock about every 5 minutes today. Why? Because today is MD's first day with Shannon, his new caregiver on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I start back full-time next week so I had to find a 2nd person to watch MD. My mom is still watching him 2 days, but both she and I agreed that watching him 4 days a week was just going to be too much for her. So, I found a very sweet SAHM (for you non-bloggers out there, that means Stay At Home Mom) to take care of my sweet one for me.

Now, of course, I trust Shannon as I wouldn't have chosen her if I didn't...but, I'm still a mommy. And I still worry. It was in my nature before and it's really in my nature now. And, I'm not worrying as much as I am just being curious as to how he's doing. I called Shannon right after MD's breakfast and I could hear him toddling around in the background in her walker. She said he was having a good time...and no tears so far. So, I'm going to try real hard to not call her too much today (even though she said I could!) But I will be counting down the minutes to when I do get to call her next. And especially to when I get to leave to go pick him up.

Ah, MD, I really miss you. Our 3 days a week together just aren't enough. Don't you go sprouting any teeth or taking any 1st steps without me. Mommy (and daddy) deserve to get those firsts from you. I love you, stinker man. OK, I can't cry at work so I'd better stop...

3 comments:

Merissa said...

I'm thinking about you today!

Courtney said...

I knew you were... ;)

Anonymous said...

Aren't you proud of me Mr. Michael Dean Grandma was better than your mom thought she would be,,,,,I only called once the 1st day and didn't call at all yesterday. However, MD I forgot to give your mom a report so of course, there were 4 messages on my cell phone by the time I checked them. Yep, if I thought I had no "butt" before you should see it now after she finished chewing on it. But you see I assured her, between GOD and Grandpa Jeff I knew the 2 of them would make sure you were put into good hands. Luv ya "LIL MAN"

Grandma