7/22/2008

Finally on the Mend

Well, it's been almost a week and a half since Michael Dean's first birthday party and I've finally got some photos from the event. Since MD was pretty much sick at his party and stayed that way for a week - then I got sick - I've not had much time (or energy) to do, well, really anything! So, I'm finally back with some pics.

The poor little guy felt horrible at his party so he didn't want any cake or presents or attention. He was a trooper, though. He held in there. I tell ya, if he felt anything like I felt a few days last week, I don't blame him for being a sourpuss. In fact, he should have been way worse than what he was...

The party was a lot of fun, though. I, being the OCD planner that I am, had been preparing for months - you know, a little here, a little there. So, by party day I had so much stuff to haul out to the park, it took 3 cars to get it there. Thank God for my 3 sweet helpers - Donnie (of course!), Tina and Merissa. I wouldn't have made it without them. And, since Donnie told like 5 different people the party started at 3:00, rather than 4:00, we had some early partiers show up - ugh! But, anyway, we had fun and we'll have memories to keep with us always.

Party Day





Enjoying some of his gifts


6 comments:

Jen B said...

Oh, poor little guy. I hate that he was sick for his first party! Hope he's feeling better now. Very cool Radio Flyer wagon! I've never seen one with a cover like that.

Merissa said...

Yay, I was hoping to see some party pics soon! We were so happy to be apart of his first b-day party.
I'm glad you are both feeling better. :)

Melanie said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, too. It's tough when baby is sick and even tougher when mom is sick. And shall I say even tougher when both are sick!

It looks like the party was fun!! I love the shirt! Do you make the shirts yourself or take your designs to a printer. Love.it.

Courtney said...

I made them myself! I created the designs then printed them on iron-on transfer paper, backwards. They really turned out cute! Donnie, MD and I all had them...

Anonymous said...

I love MD's new wheels and I see Mila has made it in the wagon too :)

Sarah B

Nathan said...

Looks like a ton of fun!! Sorry we missed y'all. Time really flies! Love, Erin