7/17/2008

I'm Bummed

So, Donnie left today for Ohio - to visit his good friends whose son just graduated from high school. We decided after the fiasco that was Asheville to send Donnie on this trip alone. No long car trips and sleepless nights in hotel rooms for the 3 of us.

Well, since I had already asked off for Thursday afternoon and Friday I decided to keep those days off and spend some fun time with my beautiful son. I should know better by now than to plan something out of our normal schedule - that's actually fun because something always goes wrong.

Anyway - leaving my pity party - last Sunday (the day after MD's 1st birthday party) he woke up with a horrible rash and after speaking with our doctor and mommy's online self-diagnosing we determined he has Hand-Foot-Mouth disease - which is basically not treatable, just bearable until it goes away. So, we've been dealing with that all week.

And, of course, I started feeling like poo on my way home from work Tuesday night and have spent the rest of the week in bed - while my son's been with my mom. We were supposed to have a great, fun time while daddy was away and now I'm stuck - sick and with no energy.

So, I'm bummed. Please send some prayers and good thoughts my way so I can pull myself out of this funk and enjoy this rare, 1-on-1, no work time with my son :)

5 comments:

Jen B said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you both!

Bethany said...

Courtney! So sorry things aren't working out the way you wanted them to! I will call to check on you later! If you need anything, please let me know! I am pretty much home for the rest of the weekend! Hope MD feels better soon too!

Anonymous said...

GiGi is here!

Melanie said...

Yuck. I hope you feel better soon and that you can enjoy some time with MD.

The Kendricks- Tales From Opossum's World said...

Sorry to hear you're sick:( I'll send up a prayer that you'll be back on your feet and enjoying some fun with MD.