8/06/2008

Coupons, Coupons, Coupons

So, I've become a bit obsessed with finding (and using) coupons. I've always been a big fan of coupons, I've just not spent much time looking for them. Well, since I now have a baby and it seems like I have a new must-get-list every day, I set out on coupon-hunting missions often...

...And today, a few of my missions paid off! You all know I take like 298 pictures of my kid daily, but I rarely print them. So, when I do decide to update MD's huge photo box, I end up with like 100+ photos to print (roughly $20). And since I work very close to a Super Target and they're Super Fast (even though I loathe Target for their awful return policy) - I love, love, love their 1-hour photo lab. Well, at least the one at Steele Creek.

After choosing all my printable photos from the past 3 months I totalled my photo bill at $20.46. I did the rest of my shopping (with other coupons in hand, of course) and came back to get my prints. Now, I was armed with two "$5-off a $10 photo purchase" coupons - not knowing if they'd take them both. But they did!! AND the nice photo lady also gave me a $2-off coupon from behind the counter. So, my $20.46 photo bill turned into $8.46 - just $0.09 a print (as opposed to $0.22 a print normally!)

Just wanted to share. Yippee for coupons :)

Anyone want to share where they find good coupons? I'd love to know (hint, hint)

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Super proud of you! You have me motivated to get back to using them! They definitely pay off!

sldrye said...

I somehow found this blog and this lady posts all kinds of coupon sites and discounts, I love it. I have found lots of printable coupons here and also learned about other specials places are running. Great site http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/

Unknown said...

www.thegrocerygame.com is a wonderful site if you are a huge fan of coupons. I cut my monthly grocery bill in half in using it!

Anonymous said...

Don't know who this "coupon" lady is but she isnt my daughter. Ha, ha, ha......To me they are just a waste of time. My way of thinking is you have to run all over the place to save a couple bucks then hit the gas station to re-fill the tank to prepare for the next run. Have you noticed there is never coupons for GAS! Hum,,,,what's up w/that. Yes my sweet girl, I am proud of you for doing something I could never do. Where did you get your patience, oh I know, YOUR DAD! Luv ya, MOM

PS: think I will look up some of these sites you were given to see if it will benefit me. never to "old" to change, huh? Ha, ha, ha. But remember, it's ME!

Merissa said...

No helpful coupon tips from me- but I did finally post something on my blog. Miss you too- I'll call you soon- and we are coming to Concord this weekend- hope to see you.

Jen B said...

I have a few favorite blogs that I like to check from time to time. I think I mentioned them to you the day we saw each other in the grocery store. There are links to them on my blog.

P.S. I noticed that Merissa said they were coming to Concord this weekend. We were at the beach last week, and had planned on getting together with her some time, but as I told her, and will probably explain on my blog soon, Eric ended up in the hospital with a kidney stone. If you guys happen to get together and wouldn't mind some extra company, I'd love to see you both...let me know. If not, I understand.