8/01/2008

Taking a Few Steps Back

With MD's birthday, and being sick, and Donnie being out of town - it seems like life has been flying by - especially on here! I've not updated you guys much with what's been going on with MD, and I want to. So, here ya go...

At his 12m check-up he weighed 24.2lbs and was 32.5in tall! Only 3.5 more inches to go and we've got a guaranteed 6-footer. But, really - should we be shocked by that?! The little guy's got a big head! I'm not sure of the exact measurements, but it was in the 95% for his age. I mean, for real - he got these really cute big-boy, animal bath towels for his birthday and I had to cut the corners of the head pocket so the ducky head would fit on his head! Crazy, really.

He's still not an official "walker", but he can get wherever he wants. He is pulling himself up on anything and will let go to walk, but gets to his destination as fast as possible. We've had a few, OK, a lot of spills. But, we just encourage him to pick himself up and shake it off. He does pretty well with that.

Baby food is gone!! Yippee!! Not that I didn't enjoy it during the time, I was just glad to move onto big people food. He'll pretty much eat what I'm eating so that's been real fun. He's been drinking whole milk for almost a month now. He gave up his formula pretty darn quick. I only did 50/50 formula/milk for a day or 2. Pretty cool!

Our little man is growing so quickly and is just so, so much fun! He now blows kisses (or really, spits at you), waves bye-bye, points at lights, plays with Mila, wants you to read books to him, feeds himself, I could go on...

OK, this is getting a little long - but it's going to get longer! Here's some pics from the last month or so...

MD's best impression of Grandma Betty

Garden hose fun

Mila gets a lick. MD gets a lick. Mila gets a lick. MD gets a lick. And so on.

Fire trucks at the 4th of July parade

Enjoying a parade treasure

"It's not easy being this cool"

Birthday present from his Uncle Matt & Aunt B

Loving the bubbles!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

He's a cutie...a good mix of you and Donnie, but dominant Donnie. I love the picture on the 4th. You both look like you're having a blast.

E's 9-mo appointment is coming up in a few weeks. Our scale says he's 25.4 lbs and almost as tall as Mallory. I'd love to see him and MD next to each other...

Someday soon, right? :-) Love ya, girlie.

Jen B said...

That's a great pic of him in the bathtub, but I'd love to see a side by side comparison of him and Grandma Betty!

Bethany said...

Glad he likes the bubbles! They seem to always be a big hit! He is getting so big!

sldrye said...

Loving the pics. The bath tub suds picture is great. I absolutely love the picture of him at the parade as he sports his July 4th attire. He is adorable.

Merissa said...

Thanks for more pics! The grandma Betty one made me laugh out loud! And he looks so much like you in the 6th one- not easy being this cute! Can't wait to talk to you- called you at work last week but it was busy and I didn't get another chance. love you