9/18/2008

Last Week @ Nana's

For those of you who don't know, this will be Michael Dean's last week with Nana (my mom). He will be starting at a daycare in Concord next Tuesday. We made this decision for many reasons:

~ He needs interaction with other kiddos his age
~ MD's wearing Nana out, now that he's very mobile and vocal :)
~ We really want him to learn how to sleep on a little, squishy mat on the floor with his shoes on. OK, not really. That part actually makes me sad - but what are ya gonna do?

OK, really just 2 reasons. We truly do desire him to get more baby, social interaction and we're hoping this will be a good way to get that. We hope. And, Nana would probably watch him until he enrolls in college, but it's just getting hard - on both of them. So, daycare it is. I was glad to see that a high school friend of mine is the director at the daycare we chose and both her kids (2 & 4) attend. That helped soften the blow a bit.

So, please keep us in your prayers. We have many mixed emotions about this change but we're confident it's going to work out. And, I'm sure as I did when we first got Mila - I'll cry the first week - and then move on. This time around, though, I don't think Donnie will wonder why in the world we got a dog, I mean a son, if I was just going to cry the whole time :)

Nana's been clicking away this week - so here's a few of my favorites:

"Smell my flower!"

Found Nemo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney, Donnie, and Stink....
I know this change from Nana's "daycare" to Church daycare is going to be a BIG change for everybody involved, especiallly for your mother and Stink. They have become REALLY close and VERY much a part of each other's lives, so this "parting" will be hard for both of them, but with God's guidance and loving hand, all will be well. As always, I will keep you, Donnie, Stink, and your mother in my daily thoughts and prayers. I love ALL of you...:)! Fred / Pop-Pop

Melanie said...

I hope this transition goes smoothly for all of you! I understand that changes like this can be difficult and I will be praying that all goes without hitch! I'm looking forward to hearing about how it all goes! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

My "BEAUTIFUL LIL BOY" what a blessing you are to me. Yep, once again you are standing beside me wondering what is wrong w/NaNa. Sorry, just can't stop the tears.....You are my last thoughts before I go to bed and my 1st thoughts when I open my eyes in the a.m. Never in my life did I know what "TRUE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE" was until you were put in my arms for the 1st time on 7/7/07. Your cousin (Madison) said you were a HOLY child because of your birthdate but to me you will always be my special miracle sent from HEAVEN above allowing me that 2nd chance to experience real love. My daily prayer will be for GOD to let me live long enough to see you mature as I know HE has something very special for you. I'm looking down on you right now knowing tomorrow is my last day with you for childcare and my heart is breaking. I love you MD more than life itself......Luv ya, NaNa

Jen B said...

I pray that you'll both have peace in this new season! Evan cried quite a bit when we first started kindergarten a few weeks ago, but now, he's doing great. I'm sure there will be a little separation anxiety for the both of you, but it will get easier as time goes on.

sldrye said...

I hope that the transition is smooth for both Nana and MD. :)
I also have to say that I love the picture of him in his bunny slippers- adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nana Donna and Stink,
I know this day is going to be VERY hard for both of you, as this is the last day for "Nana's Daycare". I just want to let you know that both of you are weighing heavily on my mind today, and that I am praying for each of you that God will lay His hand on your hearts and minds and guide you gently through the coming days and weeks as you both adjust to this major change in your lives. I love you both! Fred / Pop-Pop