11/12/2008

In the Kitchen

A lot happens in our kitchen. It's the first room you see when you walk in our front door - so, naturally, all the items and activities from our busy days end up in this room. It's kinda like the "home base" in our house. Plus I'm finding that with a kid, food plays a very important role in his life. Michael Dean spends a lot of time with me in our kitchen. He just loves the fridge, dishwasher, looking out the windows for daddy, playing with the animals on our kitchenette chairs and digging out our measuring cups from what mommy thought was an unreachable place. It's just amazing how every-day things are so much fun for him. See below...

Didn't want to touch the pumpkin guts - but was completely intrigued with the finished product

Trying out that spoon thing

The boy loves the fridge

Turned around for about 5 seconds and this is what I found

Say cheese!

A visit from his Auntie Melissa (a college roommate of mine passing through!)

OK, so not in the kitchen - but Mila's found her new, favorite spot in the house. What a hard life, ya know?!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the one of MD standing on the dishwasher door!

Melanie said...

Great pics! I can relate to all of the kitchen (mis)adventures. Ethan gets into EVERYTHING where as Mallory pretty much knows what's hands off. It looks like you're having loads of fun with your boy.

Courtney said...

Oh, I am! I just eat up every second with him. I guess that's why my house is such a mess :) Oh well...

Anonymous said...

What can I say,,,,,,He's NaNa's boy....I stand back watching him in action and pray GOD allows me the time to share many, many, many years of all the shanigans he will try to get over on his Mom. Who do you think will win,,,,,my bet is on MOM. Luv ya, MOM

Merissa said...

Thanks for sharing little pieces from your everyday life- I so love the pics! I miss you!