12/09/2008

First Kiss...and Tubes

A few nights ago some good friends of ours came over to enjoy some takeout Zaxby's and a movie, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. One of their kids is close to MD's size (but not age!) Maggie is a little over 2 years old and MD is now 17 months (as of Sunday.) Well, Maggie is a little lovebug! She loves to kiss and hug on Michael Dean. He doesn't seem to care too much for it, but he tolerates her. Especially since we were asking her to hug and kiss on him all night - you know, to get a good picture :)

And, on another note - we found out yesterday that we'll need to get tubes put in Michael Dean's ears. I see this is as a scary - yet exciting thing for him (and us.) See, ever since day 1 of daycare he's been sick. Runny nose. Cough. No appetite. Fussy. Bad sleep. You name it, he's had it. So, naturally with all the sickies from daycare came an ear infection that just won't go away. We've tried everything. Multiple antibiotics, steroids, shots. Nothing's worked. So, we're resorting to tubes. BUT I'm praying that these tubes take away all this mess - and he can be a happy toddler again. I know he's going to get the sniffles and such from daycare, but I really just want him to sleep (and feel) better. I'm sure his little ears are just so sore.

Anyway, his surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, December 23. So, please keep our sweet boy in your prayers. I hear it is a pretty easy surgery - but we'll see.

3 comments:

sldrye said...

He looks like he is loving that kiss. :) So sweet

Anonymous said...

Lil Man I see "she" is kissing you but you and I know "your" kisses are strictly for NaNa, huh?????

Luv ya, NaNa......

Anonymous said...

Hey Stink...That FIRST kiss is always a tough one, so I completely understand your underwhelming look of "enthusiasm". This picture of you and Maggie is absolutely precious, and is one that I will cherish dearly for many years to come.
But, I have to disagree with your NaNa...."your" kisses must be shared with your Mommy, your Daddy, NaNa, and me...:)!
YOU are the most beautiful little boy I have ever seen, and I love you more than life itself. PopPop