12/01/2008

Teeeeeee!

Well, it's up. The largest, breakable toy in our house. Our Christmas tree. Or, as Michael Dean says, "Teeeeee!"


He's done OK so far with the 2 trees. Donnie put his traditional "Coca-Cola" tree up in the kitchen. The only thing that had to change this year, though, was all the breakable ornaments had to move up. All the plastic, not-so-special ones moved down. Same with our big tree. I didn't even bother with any "baaaaas!" ("ball," for those of you who don't speak MD yet). Too much of a temptation for little hands.

And, here's a few pics of our long Thanksgiving holiday. I was off for 5 days (including the weekend) so I have been soaking up every minute of my sweet little family. Besides the grumpiness that comes along with MD's ear infection, he is the most fun, sweetest little boy to be around. And he's such a good boy, too. He's even taken on sweeping our kitchen floor - only after making a few messes with Mila's food and some paper cups...



Donnie decided to tackle homemade, from-scratch apple pies for Thanksgiving. He made one, "plain" just for me. The other he threw in some raisins, walnuts and caramel. Grandma seemed to like it. The other was pretty tasty too.


Last, but not least, it was time to get rid of MD's first pumpkin. It was his very own special size. I drew a little face on it and it quickly became known as "Paa-paa!" So, we played just a little longer with it - then threw it in the trash. Oh, and something else that MD has picked up on - "say cheese!"


5 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, it looks like you had a fun holiday!!! I'm behind in my holiday blogging...I need to do that! I'm glad you had such a long time with your boys. Christmas will be fun for you all this year!

Merissa said...

I'm lovin' all these great pics and learning what you guys have been up to lately! I wish I could spend just a day with you and MD! We gotta do that somewhere in the near future before I miss out on the first years completely!

Anonymous said...

INCREDIBLE, UNBELIEVABLE, ADORABLE, ANGELIC, AMAZING...and on and on I could go!!
Stink is the most wonderful blessing that God has ever given me.
Michael Dean you are the most incredible and beautiful child I have ever seen and I don't know how I could love you any more than I do, but I intend to spend the rest of my life trying! I love you little man...PopPop

Anonymous said...

Merissa,,,,I, like you miss being around My Lil Man as much as I did when I was keeping him sooooooooo I came up w/a plan,,,,yep,,,,just gotta have my Michael Dean fix so I talked w/you know the Mom & Dad and suggested I have my own DATE time w/him weekly. Well, so far that happened once as Mommy is so selfish and wants him "all to herself". But, I must say they are calling on me more often to keep him while they do the "twosome" thing so I can't complain.
Mr. Michael Dean,,,,I anticipate all the new antics, expressions, words, etc. with great excitement each time I see you. You are the breath that keeps my heart pumping.....Luv ya, luv ya, luv ya, luv ya, NANA

meghann said...

i think he is TOTALLY looking more like you now!!!!
he seems so sweet and funny...boys are great;)
are yall going to make any more:)