12/18/2008

Oh Santa!

We've been working, for a few weeks now, on "Santa." Michael Dean will say "Ho, ho, ho" when I ask what Santa says. I've even got all these fun little Santas around the house - a bath towel with Santa on it that MD loves to talk about during his baths, a light-up Santa that hangs on our front door and sings Christmas songs and this cool, artsy Santa with a bell on his hat that sits under one of our Christmas trees. But, the real thing. No way! Michael Dean wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with the real Santa - as we found out last night.

But, hey, at least Santa was free. I had already decided I wasn't paying 40 or so bucks for the "cute" Santa picture with my kid in tears. So, when we walked up to the Bass Pro Santa and found out the bad-quality, fuzzy proof photos were free - I was thrilled! Because, as you see, I had the "cute" kid in tears picture.

Though, once back in mom's arms - with a yummy candy cane - he was better. 'Tis the season.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Michael Dean,,,,He wasn't the "real" SANTA anyway. That is the reason you were so upset,,,,,,I understand completely. If NaNa would've been there Mr Santa would've gotten a knuckle sandwich for mak'n my LIL MAN cry. I love you,,,,,NaNa

Anonymous said...

Hey Stink....NaNa is right - you were upset because you weren't sitting on the lap of the "real" Santa Clause. But this Christmas Eve you will get to sit on the lap of the "real" Santa Clause...."Santa PopPop Claus". I love you little buddy...PopPop