1/06/2009

Camera #1

Hi there! I've been gone for a while. Simply because I had more fun things to do than blog. No offense. Nah, I do enjoy this thing. It's just not a priority for me when I have 2 weeks off with my son!

We really did have a great Christmas holiday. MD recovered beautifully from his ear tubes surgery and passed his hearing test yesterday with flying colors. But, he did end up with a nasty head cold, the day of his surgery, that lasted until the end of last week. He now has a cough that just won't go away. And, I have to say - it's pretty sad that we really can't do much for our ailing children under the age of 2. If I get told 1 more time to "get a cool-mist humidifier and use saline drops" I'm going to hit someone. Yes, those things are great. But, come one. They only do so much. My sweet one is still coughing up a lung almost every night. It's really sad. But, I'm believing God will heal him and he'll be ready to bring home his next disease from daycare any day now (since today's his 1st day back in a few weeks.) Yippee.

So, from all the Christmas parties, dinners, church services, shopping trips, doctors trips, play times, etc...I took a lot of pics. With both cameras, of course. And, the following photos are from my "portable" Nikon. So, the slightly better photos will come later - when I have time to get them off my "not-so-portable" Nikon.

Michael Dean just never got the hang of Santa this (last) year. Even though it was Fred Claus, here.

Most of the staff (and their families) from our church, Rocky River Community Church, at our Christmas Eve service.

The 2008 Icenhour Family Reunion (I'd love to run through all the names, but seriously? All the Icenhour siblings are seated on the bottom row. Donnie's dad, Ivey, is the first guy on the left in the black/brown plaid shirt.)

The only way we can get MD to "smile" at the camera is to ask him to show us his teeth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's NaNa's bar "LIL MAN" is sitting on for the last picture. NaNa was do'n flips to get him to smile. LIL MAN, it's sooooooo great to have you back smiling and being the funny, lovelable, sweet, precious little boy you are. NaNa missed your hugs, kisses and just your overall actions during the holidays & it broke my heart to watch you being sick and nothing I could do to make it better. Luv you, NANA

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's NaNa's bar "LIL MAN" is sitting on for the last picture. NaNa was do'n flips to get him to smile. LIL MAN, it's sooooooo great to have you back smiling and being the funny, lovelable, sweet, precious little boy you are. NaNa missed your hugs, kisses and just your overall actions during the holidays & it broke my heart to watch you being sick and nothing I could do to make it better. Luv you, NANA

Merissa said...

He looks like such a big boy in that last picture! Hope we get to talk soon! :)