5/14/2009

Great, Great Wolf

This past weekend Donnie and I headed way far out of town, to The Great Wolf Lodge, to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. It took us a while to get there, but when we finally did, we had a lot of fun! Nah, for those of you who don't know, The Great Wolf Lodge is a new lodge/indoor water park right across I-85 from Concord Mills. Simply minutes from our home.

We loaded up MD, shipped him off with Mimi and Papa for the night and headed to the lodge. Man, we had so much fun! The water slides were amazing. The water activities were great. The rooms were beautiful and smelled new. The food was OK, a bit pricy. The staff was sweet and helpful. The cost was way too much for just 2 adults. But, all-in-all, I'd definitely recommend it. And, we'll definitely go back.

Even though Donnie and I were purposely there celebrating each other and the 6 years we've managed to make it with each other (love you, Donnie!) - we missed our little guy. We think he would have loved it. They have this very cute little area set up just for kiddos his size. It really was just a lot of fun.

Well, since I felt a bit awkward pulling out my camera around a bunch of half-naked strangers, I didn't take a lot of photos. However, I did manage to snap Donnie getting drenched - and I mean soaked - by the huge water bucket that constantly filled up and dumped out every few minutes or so. Donnie's the little guy in the bottom, left corner in the red shorts...


5 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey Courtney! We are planning on trying out the Great Wolf in a few weeks. We thought we would combine father's day and our 3rd anniversary and celebrate there. I did see that it is a bit pricey, but we have a $100.00 gift card to put towards it! What a great place to get away and not be to far from home:)!

Anonymous said...

Wow, now who did you say was in those red shorts under the water bucket, oh yeah, your "stud muffin"! Luv ya both,,,,Mom/Mom #2
Glad you had a wonderful time.....

Merissa said...

ooh, can't wait to hear more details

Jen B said...

A friend of ours just told us that she got a rate of $100 for 1 night, and she's having her 7 year old's birthday party there (a sleepover). Was it more than that?

Courtney said...

Wow, $100 is a great rate! I booked online and it was $229/night. That was a weekend night for a King suite. I thought the bigger suites were more expensive. If you find out, from your friend, how she got such a great deal - let me know!