6/16/2009

Splash Fun

This past weekend, my best friend and her family were in town. Their weekend was full of graduation festivities, but we were able to squeeze in some time at the Kannapolis Splash Pad.

What a fun place! See, we've learned that Michael Dean doesn't like swimming pools. The idea of them is cool. Every time we walk by our neighborhood swimming pool he wants to go in. But, I think it's just so he can play in the outdoor showers. The boy won't step foot in the pool.

So, I thought a place with squirting water from the ground, buckets that dropped water and big, red guns that shoot water would be a blast for him. And, it was! It took him a while to get warmed up to the idea, but once he did he really had a good time.

There's also a mini-choo-choo-train that rides around the Splash Pad, so after about 30 minutes of water fun, MD decided he'd rather ride the train. So, we gathered the Plummers and hopped on.

It was just such a great day. I love it when I can enjoy summer activities with my husband and my son! Even if it is on a hot, sweaty, crowded Saturday morning...

"Um, not too sure about this, mom!"

"OK, I guess it's fun!"

"Woah!"

"Oh my!"

Train ride with the Plummers

My sweet family!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks like so much fun! We might try it out too!

Merissa said...

Glad it worked out for us to meet up - we did have fun! Thanks for the cute pics. I seem to forget my camera at all the wrong times!

Anonymous said...

It's o.k. LIL MAN,,,NaNa can't swim either,,,TEE HEE....Luv ya, NANA