8/13/2009

Working with Mommy

Since we've been paci-free now for almost 2 weeks, that means Michael Dean's also been long-nap-free for almost 2 weeks as well. He still takes naps, thank goodness, but now needs a book to fall asleep (like at daycare) and doesn't sleep as long as he used to. So, my work days at home on Mondays have started to become a challenge. Mommy has to get a bit creative.

I can typically distract MD with a few episodes of Mickey while I work. But, he'll quickly realize mommy's not sitting on his spidey couch with him, so he wanders in the kitchen - where I'm doing my work - ready to get mommy back. And, since I have to work I can't play. (All work and no play makes...)

So, this past Monday I broke out the camera and stickers. Well, he really likes my computer mouse too - I think he just likes to roll the little scroll wheel.

I do cherish my Mondays at home with my sweet one, but man are they tough!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The future PRESIDENT OF THE USA has got to start someplace, so where better than on Mom's lap. YOU GO LIL MAN!!!!!!!Luv ya, NaNa

Merissa said...

Way to go MD, no more paci! I love yours and his sticker hands- too cute! Miss you!