9/25/2009

Finally, a Family Vacation

Last weekend (I know, I'm a bit behind - I've been home with a sick baby) we were finally able to get away. Just the 4 of us. Mila was even able to come too! Some friends from church were sweet enough to offer us their mountain cabin near Lake Lure. So, we headed out last Friday and stayed a few days. We were met with a lot of mountain rain so we didn't get to do much outside. But, the times it wasn't raining, we tried to get out and see the country. Well, at least "downtown" Lake Lure and the creek near the cabin...

On the road, leading to the cabin

Michael Dean was so excited about all the wildflowers on the side of the road that he couldn't stop picking them!

Daddy and MD "flying"

Little boy, big bridge

Playing at the creek (before it flooded with all the rain!)

The family in Lake Lure

Can you tell he liked his new train whistle?

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Glad you all got to get away for a bit and make some fun memories together! Love the pics of MD!

Melanie said...

Love all the pictures!!! It looks like you had lots of fun!

Lake Lure said...

Our family loves to stay in a cabin rental at lake Lure, it is so nice there this time of year.

hannah said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Love that beautiful lil hand w/all those beautiful flowers. Luv ya, NaNa

Jen B said...

Oh....I just realized that I was looking from my friend, Hannah's computer the other day and commented on her account. Sorry. That was me.

Courtney said...

I was wondering how Hannah found her way to my blog! That's cool... Oh, and that hand is Donnie's :)

Merissa said...

Ooh, I love the pic of MD and the bridge! Glad you guys had fun- we need to talk asap!