10/20/2009

The Heat is On

We've officially entered Fall at our house. We've turned the heat on, just to 70°, though; we've carved pumpkins; we've (or shall I say Donnie) made veggie-beef soup; we've made Halloween cupcakes; and I've pulled out my comfy pants and sweatshirts. It's nice that Fall is here again. I've missed my cold weather. The warm weather is nice and all. But, there's just something comforting about cold weather and a crackling fireplace.

UPDATE: What's up with the high 70's this week?! I just sent my kid to school today in long sleeves and thick pants. Sheesh...

MD's version of carving pumpkins. He wanted nothing to do with my or Donnie's carving station.

I think they're beautiful!

As close as he'd get...

OK, so mom iced them but Michael Dean sprinked (and ate) them!

6 comments:

sldrye said...

I agree, I love fall- some comfy and cozy. :)

Merissa said...

Looks like you guys are having tons of Fall Fun! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I have been so happy having the cooler weather!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I have been so happy having the cooler weather!

Sarah

Jen B said...

I love fall too! Sad to say that I've never carved a pumpkin with Evan...good for you at least trying to get him to.

By the way, I've been talking to Sarah on facebook lately, and just realized how close we all are. We should have a UT North reunion!

Melanie said...

We haven't ventured into the pumpkin carving yet. We have made some fall leaf wreaths...

And some fall baking IS in order...

Love you! Happy Fall!