1/27/2010

My Norman Friends

About once a year Donnie and I get together with some very dear people to me - my Norman friends.

Leaving The Norman Group back in 2005 was hard for me, but it was something I had to do. It meant moving onto bigger and better things for me and my career, but it also meant leaving some really great people who had been with me through the most difficult and happy times of my life.

See, each year in lieu of Christmas gifts, we would just all get together for a big Christmas dinner and "stuff". (We used to play games, watch football games, chat - but now we just run around after our kids! However, this year we had babysitters.) Each year the pictures change a bit. They started out just us 4 girls at weddings, events, parties, etc... Now, it's all 10 of us, with kids in tow. It really has been amazing to keep these friendships through the years. I could write pages and pages about the crazy things we've done. But, I'll stop here and just share the photos...

All the kids, take 1

All the kids, take 32

The boys (L to R - Corey, Ellis and Michael Dean)

The, um, girls :) Seriously, how could my kid not be in this picture with that most adorable shirt he's got on?! (L to R - Betsy, Michael Dean, Riley and Eva)

My sweet Norman friends (Back row to front row - Big Michael Dean, Janice, Thomas, Amy, Donnie, Kristie, Karen, Carter, Courtney & Patrick)

4 comments:

Merissa said...

I really like that sweater you are wearing!

Courtney said...

Hey, thanks! That was my $5 Target special. Somehow I fit into a small...

Anonymous said...

O.K. LIL MAN, now u r beginning to show signs of your Grandpa Jeff. You see, when girls were present he always seemed to be in their midst. And the hands in the air,,,,definitely Grandpa Jeff when out on the dance floor. Luv ya, NANA

Kristie said...

How cool Courtney! I guess it has been too long since I was on your site, because I hadn't seen this post! One sleepless night makes for catchup time on old posts! Love you too and miss you in between the visits. Our gatherings are a ritual I hope we keep up despite the busyness of life, working FT and having children! Enjoyed our evening so much!
Kristie