3/29/2010

Hunting Easter Eggs

So, Michael Dean's been asking for weeks now, "Mommy, where's Easter?" Basically, he means, "Mommy, where's all the Easter eggs filled with candy?" Well, we found them...this past Saturday at our church's Easter Egg Hunt at Frank Liske Park. We've done this now for 3 years with MD and he finally gets it. He waited so patiently for Travis to count down to GO, then he was off! Picking up Easter eggs like a mad dog :)

Now, the bouncy houses were a different story. He spotted the race car bouncy right away and quickly got in. But when it started to come down, that was it for him. I felt like Manny on Modern Family at Alex's birthday party - I had to rescue a few kids before they were all smothered by the deflated race car. OK, so that was a little dramatic. But seriously, MD's little buddy, Gabrielle, was the last one in there and I had to pull her out. Crazy.

Anyway, we had a great time with good friends, Nana and the Easter bunny. My sweet husband was stuck at home on the couch, since he's a recent survivor of back surgery. So, I got lots of pics for him...well, and me.

My sweet boy :)

Nana's boy, too

Beating out all the other slow poke 6-month olds!

Filling up

Michael Dean and the Easter Egg Hunt

Ooh!

Sharing with his buddy, Jake who didn't quite make it in time to grab his own Easter eggs

"Um, I don't think so, mom."

BFFs 4-Ever

Michael Dean with Merissa's 2 boys, Peyton and Jacob

(Later that day) "Smell, mommy!"

1 comment:

Merissa said...

Love all the pics- you'll have to send them to me via e-mail when you get a chance! We enjoyed our time with you all so much! Love you!