3/01/2010

Saturday Mornings & Heart Day

It's no secret I had 2 Valentines this year - my big guy and my little guy. I chose, though, to make them both a little special treat. OK, so it catered more to MD but it was just so darn cute, I had to make 2 of them. One was scarfed down almost immediately and the other sat for a few days before the pink marshmallows turned into pink rocks. Can you guess which of my 2 guys ate theirs the fastest?!


...
Then, our Saturday mornings have taken on a little ritual here lately. It involves Michael Dean, pancakes and a TV tray (which MD thinks, now, is the coolest thing since Thomas the Train!) The boy loves him some pancakes and I just like to see him eat something else besides chicken nuggets and Pop Tarts, so I've jumped all over this. I gladly fix him pancakes. In fact, he's gotten pretty good at helping me get them ready. It really is cute to see him all cuddled on the couch with a big short stack and his Lightning McQueen fork and spoon...



...
And, last. MD has really grown a lot lately - both in size and mind. He knows so much and can say/sing/repeat/chant so many things. He sings songs I had no idea he knew! I even got him singing "All the Single Ladies" today. I know, I still love that song. Anyway, I just couldn't resist this sweet picture last Sunday morning before church. I was laid up with good 'old strep throat but I got MD ready to head to church with daddy. And, of course, while waiting on daddy to pick him up he played with his "choo-choo trains." Man, he really loves those things. In fact, did you know that 2 Thomases = 1 Mighty Mac? I didn't, until he showed me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv ya LIL MAN,,,,NaNa

Merissa said...

He's so cute sitting on the couch eating his yummy pancakes- how fun! You are such a good mommie!