1/31/2007

Here Comes Mila & a Baby Carriage

My good friend, Tina, told me of a website that lists many ways to get your first baby (a.k.a. Mila) used to the arrival of your upcoming, second baby. Well, an excerpt from this article made me grin...of course at trying to picture Donnie and me trying to do this!

The article says to "Use a baby doll to help your pet get used to the real thing. Carry around a swaddled baby doll, take the doll in the stroller when you walk your dog, and use the doll to get your pet used to routine baby activities, such as bathing and diaper changing."

OK, so I'm realy going to strap up a baby doll into a stroller and walk around my neighborhood with Mila. Can't you just picture it? You think I'd be embarrassed. Think of poor Mila when she runs into one of her little Shih Tzu neighbors and they see her mommy pushing a fake baby in a stroller!

I had to laugh...

~ Oh, by the way, we had our 16 week check-up today and everything is A-OK. I've even lost a couple of pounds...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

We didn't really do anything with Cayman and she handled the transition OK. One thing my mom did was take a receiving blanket Mallory was swadled in at the hospital and brought it to Cayman so she could sniff it. I had heard about that at one of our childbirth classes. I don't know if it helped...

So, you're losing weight? That's odd. Have you been sick? Keep eating and stay healthy! I can't wait to see you on Sat!

Courtney said...

I just think that since I pigged out (since I was so nauseous) when I first found out I was preggers I put on a bunch of weight then. But, really, since the holidays I haven't wanted a lot and/or bad food so I've been eating pretty healthy.

Oh, believe me...I've gained my fair share of weight so far!