11/04/2008

What a Week...

Happy (Late) Halloween everyone! We had a week packed full of daycare parties, church hayrides and of course Michael Dean as a cow. It really was a fun week.

MD's daycare was celebrating their 5th year in operation as well as Halloween/Fall. So, each day had a "theme". Since MD doesn't go on Mondays he was able to participate in the last 4 days - "Favorite Team" day, "Mismatch" day, "Country Bumpkin" day and "Orange Everywhere" day. Here's photos from the 1st 3 days:


On Friday (Halloween) his daycare had a festival in the morning, which Donnie and I went to with Michael Dean. Then his class had an all-you-can-eat-sweets party in the afternoon that my mom and I attended! It truly was amazing to see my little guy sitting at a tiny table with all of his tiny friends eating their cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies. When Nana and I got there, MD just sat in his little chair enjoying his treats. He didn't try to get up - or cry - or anything. A pretty proud moment for mom. (Oh, and the 4th shot below is what MD thought of the bouncy tent!)







After MD's little daycare party, I took him home and got him suited up in his (handmade!) cow costume. Oh my gosh - how cute he was! He loved his cowbell but hated his cow ears. We managed to snap a few shots with the hat on, but that was about it. Now, that night at our church's Trunk 'n Treat he kept it on - only because he had a constant supply of Dum-Dum suckers in both hands. That is how he helped me hand out candy - by goobering up all the unwrapped suckers! It really was cool, though. He sat/stood in the back of my Escape as I handed out candy and was perfectly happy the whole time.






6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

For those of you that were fortunate enough to remember Michael Dean's grandpa Jeff know exactly where he got his sweet tooth from, huh? Someone has to carry on that particular tradition and who better than this precious "sweet" (no pun intended) little boy.......Each time I think you just can't get any sweeter or cuter (sp) you prove me wrong by doing something, say something (in your own language) or just being you that proves me wrong. I anticipate, with great joy, new adventures each and everytime I see you just because you are you!!!!!!!
Luv ya Master Michael Dean......NaNa

Melanie said...

Oh, what a cutie! It looks like you all had fun on Halloween! I love your creativity, Courtney, and his costume was great! I love all the pics and the updates. Miss ya!

Merissa said...

OH my goodness, I love all of these pictures! He is just so adorable! And I love the cow costume- good job mommy!

Jen B said...

Love that costume! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Courtney....you did a great job taking all these pictures of MD, and based on what I heard and actually saw first hand, the pictures really captured "his" halloween in a very special way. He is absolutely the most precious little boy I have EVER seen, and every moment I spend with him is a precious blessing from God! He is a very vital part of my life and I anxiously look forward to each and every moment I have with him, as he ALWAYS is doing something new or has learned a few new "tricks". I just love him more than life itself. Pop-Pop