7/07/2009

2 Years Ago...

...My sweet, baby boy was born.

Today is Michael Dean's 2nd birthday! We celebrated with family and friends a few weekends ago with a Mickey Mouse party. (I'll post my homemade cake pictures later!) This picture was MD's first experience with birthday cake. I know. He was supposed to tear into his 1-year cake last year, but wanted nothing to do with it. So, I wasn't even going to try this year - but one look at a huge, edible Mickey Mouse and he was done. He wanted him some birthday cake. And I think he liked it!

You know, I was going to get all sappy with my blog post today. And, believe me, I could. But, MD is just such a barrel of laughs nowadays, that I'm going to keep this light. And, he can't read it anyway, right?!

Seriously, I just love my kid to pieces. I can't even begin to imagine my life without him. I look forward to his sweet smile every day and thank God he's mine.

Happy Birthday, my little boy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Michael Dean!!!!!!

SJB :)

Anonymous said...

Hey LIL MAN,,,,HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY...U R my reason for getting up every day, my dose of medicine when I'm sick & my smile when I'm sad. Thank you Courtney for allowing GOD to give you this BLESSING for me to share with you......luv you, NANA

Merissa said...

Happy Birthday MD! We love you!

Melanie said...

2 already?!?!?!? WOW, this little man is growing up fast! Love the cake picture; Pepsi and cake, a sugar-lovers paradise, huh? I hope that you had a great time celelbrating! Love to you all!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday MD! Enjoy your special day! I can't believe you are 2!

Courtney said...

Oh yah, mommy threw out all nutritional rules that day - as I can ever enforce those, right?! :)