10/05/2009

Thomas

So, Michael Dean has finally found Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends. Or maybe they found us. Who knows. Either way, I now have a little boy who's on the brink of a pretty big obsession with Thomas.

Let's face it, Thomas isn't so bad. His movies are bores-ville, but MD sure likes them. We rented one when he was sick and I quickly learned I'd need to actually own one before I had to return it 5 days later. So, we headed to Toys 'R Us and found a pretty good deal on a Thomas figurine/DVD combo. Then I used an A.C. Moore coupon to get a set of 3, since one train is just no fun without his buddies.

I do think trains are pretty cool. But, I don't think the prices of these trains are that cool. Whew! I was amazed at how $$$ these things are. So, I'm already prepping the grandparents for Christmases and Birthdays. And, if any of you out there have any Thomas "stuff" laying around that you'd like to sell for yard-sale prices, let me know :)

Also, in case you guys are wondering, naps (kinda) have returned. He's sleeping right now! Shew. After a week of mandatory naps at daycare, they returned at home - with a little bit of coaxing on my part - he's sleeping with a Spiderman flashlight right now. The nighttimes are actually the toughest right now. He's up and down for a few hours a night. He's crying for me. The "big-boy" bed doesn't seem to phase him yet - thank goodness! He's just still, for whatever reason, scared without me at night. We'll see where this thing ends up... Right now, mommy just needs a good night's sleep!

3 comments:

Jen B said...

Glad to hear that the naps have gotten better!

I don't think we have any Thomas stuff--Evan never really got into it, but I'll look around. Let you know if I find any. You should check the consignment store on Roberta.

Merissa said...

Oh the days of Thomas- brings back so many memories! You know his auntie Merissa will support his Thomas addiction!!! :)

Unknown said...

I was shocked myself when I bought some recently for my nephew. I thought girl toys were $$$ but oh well I guess I have a lot to learn. Take care!