10/08/2009

What a Morning

2:30am - Michael Dean wakes up screaming for me. I go up the stairs and put him back in his bed, with his flashlight. (This is, unfortunately, common right now. I've learned that naps were my least worry. We now have nights from h***.)

3:30am - Michael Dean wakes up screaming for me, again. I go up the stairs and put him back in his bed, with his flashlight.

4:15am - Michael Dean wakes up screaming for me, again. I go up the stairs and put him back in his bed, with his flashlight.

(Do you see a pattern? I'll spare the rest of those details. I'm sure you can guess how the next 3 hours went.)

5:45am - Get ready for work. Put up the laundry. Do the dishes. Take Mila out. Feed her. Make my lunch. Load up my car for the day. Probably a few other things.

7:20am - Go wake MD up, because, of course, he fell back asleep. Get him ready for a day of "school."

7:35am - Come downstairs to feed him breakfast and find that ants have taken over his seat and the floor from his seat to the front door. Spray the floor with ant killer. Wipe up the floor. Wash my hands and give my kid some chocolate milk and a Pop Tart ans sit him on his footstool below the sink. Mop the floor (in business casual attire, btw.)

8:05am - Get out the door to get my kid to school before snack and me to work before 9 so I can work a full day with no lunch break to make up time.

Sorry for the negativity, but seriously, my life is like one long day right now...Help!

4 comments:

Jen B said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, girl. I'll be praying things get better soon.

The ant thing reminds me of a couple of years ago when I opened the pantry and there were hundreds of ants lining the shelves. I thought that was bad, but then I went to pull clothes out of Evan's hamper to do laundry, and found thousands in there. Needless to say, the exterminator comes to our house regularly to make sure that never happens again.

Anonymous said...

Courtney, so sorry that you are having hard nights..I feel for you at work..I know you want to take a nap!! If it makes you feel better we have ants also..I make the twins dustbust under the dinner table now to try and control them!! Sleepwise..hmmm well if it were me I would take everything out of his room that he could harm himself on and then put a gate up and just let him scream it out. We put a gate up for the twins when they were transitioning to big beds and threatened their lives if they got out of bed. I hope he settles down soon. Josiah has been up a lot recently..we are into the screaming it out now with him..love ya and praying for a good night sleep, Ashley

Anonymous said...

We didn't really threaten their lives if they got out of bed...just firmly told them there would be consequences..don't want anyone out there thinking we are crazy parents! Ashley

Courtney said...

Ash - you're funny! I did't think that and I'm sure noone else would either. You do what you gotta do, especially with 2 at once.

We'll get there, I hope! Last night was better than the night before. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments...:)